The Clinical Practice Research Datalink is a dedicated multi-disciplinary team based at the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in London. CPRD is a joint venture between the MHRA and NHS NIHR. CPRD takes on all the original work of GPRD and the NIHR Research Capability Programme, Pilots.
Our mission is simple...
“To maximise the health gain that can be achieved through the use of anonymised linked NHS data in research studies and help improve the way clinical trials of innovative medicines can be undertaken.
To gain funding for research projects that increase the wealth of the UK as a whole.„
We are committed to:
- increasing the use of the Clinical Practice Research Datalink to support public health research internationally.
- protecting the confidentiality of patient data and of healthcare professionals.
- maintaining the very highest levels of quality for data and services.
- assisting in the training of researchers who wish to use the Clinical Practice Research Datalink.
- ensuring appropriate governance review and approvals for all work undertaken by CPRD and by researchers working with CPRD.
Conflicts of interest
A policy has been published on the approach to handling potential conflicts of interest (COI) arising out of the merger with the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) of the National Institute of Biological Standards and Control (NIBSC), and the separate launch within the MHRA of the Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD). Click here for more information.