CPRD services are being developed incrementally over time to increase the cover of primary care data and the number of linked datasets. Linked data are available for patients from contributing English practices who have consented to participate in the linkage scheme.
At present, CPRD provides access to the following linked data sets for eligible patients:
- Hospital Episode Statistics (HES) Admitted Patient Care (HES APC) data
- HES Outpatient (HES OP) data
- HES Accident and Emergency (HES A&E) data
- HES Diagnostic Imaging Dataset (HES DID)
- Death Registration data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS)
- Cancer Registration data from Public Health England (PHE)
- Measures of relative deprivation at Lower Layer Super Output Area (LSOA) level for practices and patients
If your area of study requires one of these, please visit our ISAC page to learn more about submitting your study proposal.
In addition, we are working towards access to a wide range of additional datasets, and we will provide updates as new linked datasets become available.
CPRD has also developed a Mother-Baby Link to help users identify mothers and their children within the database. This link only includes live birth pairings. If you require further information on this, please contact us at the CPRD Knowledge Centre ().
Work is ongoing to create a CPRD pregnancy register with details of all pregnancies, regardless of outcome.
If your area of study is not covered by the linkages currently available, please let us know what linkages would be of most interest to you by completing the short form [below] and a member of our team will be in touch with you to discuss how we might be able to assist.
We are currently liaising with the relevant data controller regarding the availability of PROMs data. In the interim, if you are considering submitting an ISAC protocol involving use of PROMs, we would advise using an alternative method in your research protocol until further information is available. For more information, please contact our Knowledge Centre ().